Can I Add Unsolicited Contacts to Encharge?
Encharge requires that all people in your account have willingly given you their email addresses, with the knowledge that they would receive emails from you. Usually, this happens when people sign up through a subscription form or become users/customers of your product or service. These contacts are considered solicited contacts.
Are the people in my account solicited?
That depends on how you have obtained their email addresses.
- People who signed up using a subscription form on your website.
Yes. If you have a subscription form on your website, which clearly states that people would receive emails from you.
- People who signed up to trial your product.
Yes. It also helps if you have an opt-in checkbox that clearly asks people if they want to receive emails from you. Note that Encharge does not require that you explicitly state this on your signup form, but it might be required if you want to be GDPR compliant.
Yes. It also helps if you have an opt-in checkbox that clearly asks customers if they want to receive emails from you. Note that Encharge does not require that you explicitly state this on your forms, but it might be required if you want to be GDPR compliant.
- Contacts obtained from business cards at trade shows and conferences.
Usually, no, unless you have their explicit agreement to be mass emailed by you. Did they sign up a physical or digital agreement to receive emails from you? If the answer is no, then you don't have their permission to email them with Encharge.
- Purchased contact databases or scrapped email addresses.
This is hard no. You risk getting your account permanently banned if you import such contacts.
- People from your contact book.
- Your Facebook or LinkedIn friends, connections, and contacts (or contacts on other social networking sites).
- Leads generated with LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Leads provided by a business chamber of commerce or similar organizations.
- Emails collected through marketing campaigns (giveaways, promotions, affiliate programs, cross-sell campaigns, and others)
No. Unless the contacts know and have agreed that they would receive emails from you and your brand.
Does Encharge require a double opt-in?
A double-opt-in means that every person who signed up to be emailed by you was also subsequently sent an individual “confirmation” email, which asked them one more time to confirm that they did indeed want their email address to be added for emailing purposes.
Encharge does not require a double-opt-in. However, if you'd still like to use a double opt-in you can do that by building a custom Flow.