Build a Basic Email with the Drag and Drop Builder
The Drag and Drop Editor is a fully functional HTML editor that allows you to build visual emails and complex layouts. However, building a basic email in it doesn't have to be complex.
First, complete all of the fields at the top of the editor:
- Email name – this is only visible by you.
- Subject line.
- From email – the email that your users will see. Note that you can use different emails, as long as you have permission to send from this email.
- From name – your name.
When you click on the "More" button you get the option to enter:
- Reply to email – if you want to use a different reply to email.
- Reply to name – if you want to use a different reply to name.
- CC and BCC – limited to 5 recipients (email addresses) each. Also, note that CC and BCC are disabled when sending test emails (i.e., using the "Send test" feature).
In the middle section, you have the content of your email. You can remove a section by hovering on it and clicking the trash can icon.
To move a section use the move icon and drag the section to your desired location:
To add a new section, drag a block from the right sidebar:
Once you're happy with your email, make sure to test it by clicking on Send Test at the top right. By default, the test is sent to your login email address, but you can also send a test to a different email address by clicking on the arrow in the button:
Once you're done with the email, click on Save and Close. Also, note that Emails are not automatically saved, so make sure to click on the Save button from time to time to ensure that your email is saved.
If you're creating your email from the Emails page, you will be taken to that page once you click on Save and close. If you're creating it from the Send Email Step once saved the email will be attached to the step.