Set up Form Tracking
Form tracking in Encharge enables you to track HTML forms on your website. Form tracking only works with standard HTML forms and requires Site Tracking installed on your website.
There are two main benefits of tracking forms in Encharge:
- When an anonymous person submits a tracked form, they will automatically be identified.
- You can view any submitted forms as activity on the Activity Feed in the Dashboard and the profile of the person.
Note that currently, it's not possible to:
- Trigger Flows with tracked forms.
- Or create segments based on the submitted tracked form. If you'd like these features, please create a feature request.
However, you can trigger a Flow with forms submitted in external tools through the Form Submitted trigger.
How to track a form
Site Settings →
Forms or click on this link:
- Click on the blue plus circle at the bottom left
You will see a list of the available pages that contain a form on your website. If you're not seeing the page with your form, submit the form and click Refresh.
Select the form and click Continue.
On this step, you can map the fields from the form to fields in Encharge. You don't need to map each field, but the email address is required in order to identify the person.
By default, the "Track this form on all pages " switch is turned on. If you turn this off, Encharge will track this form only on this specific page.
Once you're done with the mapping, click Save. You can later re-map the fields by clicking on the form.
To delete a tracked form, click on the form and then the Delete red button.
Please note that the following form types are not supported for form tracking:
- Forms in Iframes.
- Forms using Ajax to submit the request.
- Forms behind login gate (i.e., private forms that require login details.)
The following are indications of an unsupported form:
- If the form page is not showing when you submit the form.
- You've set up the form, but submissions are not coming through.
In those cases, we recommend using one of the alternative methods of form submission:
- An external 3rd-party app with the Form Submitted trigger.
- Zapier or Pabbly Connect.
- Connecting with Segment.com
- Connecting the form through the API.