Trigger - Receive Webhook
Receive Webhook trigger allows you to receive data from other apps into Encharge. For example, you can send leads from Swipe Pages to Encharge through the Receive Webhook trigger. Whenever you get a lead in Swipe Pages, they will be added to the Flow in Encharge.
How Receive Webhook works?
Each Receive Webhook trigger step in Encharge has a unique Webhook URL as shown below. Other tools can send data to that URL. Every time Encharge receives data on the URL, the step is triggered.
- the app that you'd like to receive data from must support Webhooks, too. Fortunately, Encharge webhooks are extremely flexible and support the majority of the tools out there.
- the Receive Webhook step currently does not support media files (images, video, files, etc.) Sending a webhook with a media file could prevent Encharge from receiving the webhook.
How to set up Receive Webhook trigger?
- Copy the Webhook URL from the Receive Webhook trigger step.
- (Optional) Add a name so that you can easily recognize the webhook later.
Paste the Webhook URL in the tool that you'd like to receive data from. The setup of this step will depend on which tool you're using as each tool has a different interface for Webhooks. We suggest that you consult the Webhook documentation of the tool. Below is an example from Swipe Pages:
Send a test request to the Webhook URL. You need to do this in the app that you're receiving data from (e.g., Swipe Pages). In Swipe Pages, for example, you can create a test lead to see if Encharge receives the lead data.
When you send a request successfully you will be automatically taken to the Map Fields tab (in the Receive Webhook step), where you can see the sample data sent from the tool:
If you're not taken automatically to this tab, click on the Map Fields button in the right sidebar:
Note that you can send as many test requests as you like before you move to the next step.
- Select the test request you'd like to use to map fields from by clicking on the blue "Continue" button.
Map the data (i.e., fields) from the tool to fields in Encharge. On the left are the fields from the tool with the sent sample data, and on the right are the fields in Encharge that you can map them to. For example, you can map Swipe Pages lead emails to person emails in Encharge.
- That's it! You're done. Now each time data is sent to that Webhook URL, it will be received in Encharge through the Receive Webhook step, and people will be added to the Flow.