Stripe Integration Overview
In this article
Note: This article is for the updated Stripe Integration released on May 18 2023. If you had Stripe connected before that date and wish to utilize the new features, please re-connect the integration and replace all existing Stripe triggers in your flows.
The Stripe integration with Encharge gives you the ability to sync your Stripe customer and billing data to Encharge automatically. New customers and changes to existing customers will be made available for automation and segmentation in your Encharge account. With the power of Encharge, you'll be able to create a wide variety of campaign automations and group your customers into segments based on Stripe data.
- The Stripe integration with Encharge will sync your Stripe customers automatically. You don't need to set up any Stripe triggers in Encharge flows in order to send Stripe data to Encharge. For more information on triggers, please check this article.
- When connecting to Stripe, you will be able to import existing Stripe customers to your Encharge account.
- Once you connect Stripe, Stripe will start sending billing events to your Encharge account. You can see these events in the person's feed and build segments with them.
Using the Stripe integration, you'll have access to the following data in Encharge:
- Customers - Stripe ID, Personal/Billing information, and MRR.
- Subscriptions - Subscription ID, status, start/end dates, and subscription product information.
- Plans - Plan ID, value, and recurrence intervals.
- Payments - Amount, currency, and payment dates.
- Events - Subscription created/expanded/canceled; Invoice created/paid; Charges, Trial started/ended
How to connect Stripe
In your Encharge account, go to Settings, then Apps.
Click on Stripe and follow the integration wizard.
1. Create Restricted API Key
To connect Stripe, you'll need to create a Restricted API key. You can directly click on "Create a new Restricted API key", and you'll be redirected to the correct Stripe page. For more information on Stripe API Keys, go to API Keys.
Add access to the following permissions:
- Charges: Read
- Customers: Read
- Events: Read
- Checkout Sessions: Read
- Invoices: Read
- Prices: Read
- Subscriptions: Read
- Webhook Endpoints: Write
2. Map Fields
All fields are automatically mapped, so there's no need to do anything here but click "Save" and continue to the final step. Below you'll find a list of all supported Stripe fields. Note that these fields will be automatically created in your account. You can later manage them from the Custom Fields page.
- Customer email
- Customer name
- Customer MRR
- Is customer delinquent
- Customer Description
- Stripe Customer ID
- Customer phone number
- Customer last sync at
Customer billing address
- Customer city
- Customer address
- Customer region
- Customer country
- Customer postal code
- Subscription ID
- Status of customer's subscription
- Subscription trial ends at
- Subscription trial started at
- Subscription created at
- Subscription canceled at
- Subscription current period start
- Subscription cancel at period end
- Product ID
- Product Name
- Plan ID
- Plan price in cents
- Plan currency
- Plan interval
- Plan nickname
- Plan price
- Plan interval count
- Last amount paid in cents
- Payment currency
- Payment description
- Last amount paid
3. Sync Data
In this step, you have the ability to choose between Syncing existing Stripe customers or only newly created/updated Stripe customers. Click Start Sync to import existing customers or Skip to only sync newly created/updated customers.
How to test the Stipe sync safely
Stripe has the ability to change the account state to Test Mode. For more information on Stripe testing, go to Stripe Test Mode.
In Test mode, you can generate a Restricted Key and safely explore the features of the integration. To get the Key activate Test Mode from the top right and select the Developers page. At the bottom of the page, you'll find Restricted Keys. Click on + Create restricted key.
Connecting Stripe in Test mode follows the same process as with your Live Account. Please follow the steps outlined in How to Connect Stripe.
Once done with testing, exit Test mode and generate a Restricted Key from your Live account. Replace the test key with the live key in Step 1 of the Integration wizard and complete the process.
Once the integration is setup Encharge will create 8 pre-defined Segments that will help with data organization.
- Syncing with Stripe - All Stripe customers who passed through the Sync.
- Current Trials (Stripe) - Subscription status is Trialing
- Slipping Trials (Stripe) - Subscription status is Trialing and Last Activity was more than 2 days ago.
- Slipping Customers (Stripe) - Subscription status is Active or Past due and Last Activity was more than 15 days ago.
- Expired Trials (Stripe) - Subscription status is Trialing and Trial ended.
- Customers (Stripe) - Subscription status is Active or Past Due.
- Churned Customers (Stripe) - Subscription status is Cancelled, Expired, or Unpaid.
- Past Due Subscriptions (Stripe) - Subscription status is Past Due.
In your Encharge account, go to Settings > Data Sync.
On this page, you'll be able to see the current Sync status and the total number of Customers in sync.
Please don't hesitate to send us a message at suppo[email protected] for further guidance. Additionally, you can book a call, and we can directly discuss how Encharge can fit your use case with Stripe