Trigger - External Form Submitted
Important: This step was previously called "Form Submitted". Some of the screenshots in this guide might state "Form Submitted"
External Form Submitted trigger step adds people to a Flow when they submit a form in one of the supported external tools.
- To trigger a flow with a tracked form use the Tracked Form Submitted trigger step.
- This step uses Webhooks to receive form submission data from other tools. We have included 30+ form, webinar, survey, and chatbot tools that work with the External Form Submitted trigger, along with links to their Webhook documentations. However, this is not an all-inclusive list of all of the apps that are supported. If an app is not listed, please use the Receive Webhook trigger to add a person to a Flow (note that the tool still needs to support Webhooks).
- Do not use this step if you use a native integration. Again, this step uses Webhooks. If you use a native form integration (for instance, Convertbox) you should not use this trigger step. In the case of native integration, you would use Entered Segment trigger step, Event trigger, or Tag Added trigger (depending on the integration and your setup).
- A person can re-enter the step if they submit the same form again.
How to set up External Form Submitted trigger?
Select one of the supported tools from the dropdown:
- Activechat - Documentation link
- Botsify - Documentation link
- BotStar - Setup video
- ConvertBox - Documentation link (Note that ConvertBox offers native integration with Encharge and we recommend it instead. Learn more here.)
- Convert Pro - Documentation link
- Elementor - Documentation link
- Formstack - Documentation link
- GetSiteControl - Documentation link
- Gist - Documentation link
- Gleam - Documentation link
- Gravity forms - Documentation link
- Hello Bar - Documentation link
- Instapage - Documentation link
- Jotform - Documentation link
- KickoffLabs - Documentation link
- Landbot - Documentation link
- Landingi - Documentation link
- Livestorm - Documentation link
- Manychat - Documentation link
- Ninja Forms - Documentation link
- Omniconvert - Documentation link
- OptinMonster - Documentation link
- PaperForm - Documentation link
- Privy - Documentation link
- Quriobot - Documentation link
- SleekNote - Documentation link
- SurveySparrow - Documentation link
- Swipe Pages - Documentation link (Note that Swipe Pages offers native integration with Encharge and we recommend it instead. Learn more here.)
- Unbounce - Documentation link
- Viral Loops - Documentation included in the External Form Submitted step.
- Vyper - Documentation link
- WisePops - Documentation link
- WP Fluent Forms - Documentation link
- Wufoo - Documentation link
- Copy the Webhook URL.
- (Optional) Add a name so that you can easily recognize the webhook later. For example: "Swipe Pages – Landing page 1"
Paste the Webhook URL in the tool that you'd like to receive data from. The setup of this step will depend on which tool you're using as each tool has a different interface for Webhooks. We suggest that you consult the Webhook documentation of the tool. For your convenience, we have included links to Webhook documentation of each tool.
Below is an example from Swipe Pages:
Send a test request to the Webhook URL. You need to do this in the app that you're receiving data from (e.g., Swipe Pages). In Swipe Pages, for example, you can create a test lead to see if Encharge receives the lead data.
When you send a request successfully you will be automatically taken to the Map Fields tab (in the External Form Submitted step), where you can see the sample data sent from the tool:
If you're not taken automatically to this tab, click on the Map Fields button in the right sidebar:
Note that you can send as many test requests as you like before you move to the next step.
- Select the test request you'd like to use to map fields from by clicking on the blue "Continue" button.
Map the data (i.e., fields) from the tool to fields in Encharge. On the left are the fields from the tool with the sent sample data, and on the right are the fields in Encharge that you can map them to. For example, you can map Swipe Pages lead emails to person emails in Encharge.
- That's it! You're done. Now each time someone submits that form, they will be added to the Flow.