What are Segments?
Segments in Encharge are groups of people that share common criteria. For instance, "All people from the US that have visited the Pricing page".
People enter and leave segments dynamically based on changes in their attributes or the actions they perform. For instance, if a person submits a form and indicates they live in the United States, and also visits the Pricing page. That person will be automatically added to the segment.
What makes Encharge Segments powerful?
Encharge has robust segmentation capabilities that allow you to build hyper-targeted segments of people.
Two factors make the segmentation in Encharge one of the leading in the market:
- The advanced segmentation conditions.
- The native integrations with dozens of tools allow you to bring in data from your marketing stack and segment by it.
What Segments can I build in Encharge?
The possibilities with Segments are endless. Here are a few examples of Segments that you can create:
- People that have been created in the last 7 days and opened at least one of your emails.
- People that have signed up for your tool but haven't activated a critical feature.
- People from the US that have clicked on the first link in your last email.
- People which last activity was more than 60 days ago.
- People that have tag
engageduser and have visited pricing
- Leads from HubSpot, that have visited more than 5 pages on your blog in the last 7 days.
- People which trial period expires in 7 days.
- People that belong to the Segment "Subscribers" and have signed up for your tool.
- Contacts from Salesforce with a lead score of more than 7.
- People that have created more than 5 tasks in your product within the last 3 days.
- People that have replied to your emails more than 3 times in the last 6 months.
- People that have booked a Calendly call with you but haven't trialed your product.
What about contact lists?
If you're using an email marketing tool like Mailchimp you might be familiar with the concept of lists. Encharge does not use lists. Segments are more flexible and allow you to organize your contacts better. However, there's an easy way that you can manually add people to a specific Segment, for instance when importing contacts. Learn how to do this by reading the article on the topic.